We love our children and need to keep them safe. It’s our responsibility as parents or guardians to protect them. Taking responsibility is the first step.
- We are busy with our jobs and life, but we must stay connected with our children. Be aware of what they watch on television, computer use and other technology.
- Set up boundaries. Family boundaries to teach respect for yourself and other family members. If you respect you, you can also respect others.
- Teach it’s okay to say “No”. I respect your privacy.
- Talk about the things that are bothering you.
- Speak up if you see or hear inappropriate behavior.
- It’s okay to report anything you think is sexual abuse against anyone.
- Tell your children the proper name for their body parts.
- Teach your children about good touches, bad touches, sexual touches and what’s not okay.
- Teach your children about good secrets and bad secrets.
- Let your children know if anybody tell them,”they will hurt your parents or they will not believe you. Don’t believe them.” As your parent or guardian I will always believe you and you will not be in trouble.
Thank you for taking your time to read and comment on my article. Also share with others.
You must be logged in to post a comment.